Monday, June 2, 2008

"Bulldog in Progress" Art Dog for a Good Cause


Today I received word my Tempe Daily Photo is officially a member of the CDPB Community. I am really excited about this, so to celebrate I went out to Arizona Art Supply to buy new colored pencils. While there I got my photo for the day - a drawing of a therapy "bulldog in progress" in the showroom. The bulldog drawing has been gridded off so patrons can artistically fill in a square for $1 to benefit GABRIEL'S ANGELS, Pets Helping Kids. That made me even more excited because I am in the process of preparing my dog, baloo, to be a therapy dog for Gabriel's Angels.

The bulldog portrait is part of Arizona Art Supply's summer project to benefit a local charitable organization. Gabriel's Angels' mission is to deliver healing and pet therapy to abused, neglected, and at-risk children, nurturing their ability to love and trust, thereby freeing them from the cycle of violence (http://www.gabrielsangels.org/). Starting June 1 at Valley locations and Tucson, Arizona Art Supply patrons will have the opportunity to use their artistic talents to help Gabriels Angels. Each of the stores will have a gridded portrait of actual therapy dogs. For a minimum donation of only $1, customers can "paint a grid, and help a kid"!! At the end of the summer, the completed dog portraits will be given to Gabriel's Angels for their future fund raising efforts along with the monetary donations. Stop in to Arizona Art Supply's 4 valley locations and make a difference in the life of a child.

1 comment:

Ineke said...

Congratulations and welcome to the DP family :)